Monday 19 November 2012

Sweet Fare-Call : Cupcake Central

So I thought I might take a new angle with my blogs and perhaps start to give my reviews and recommendations of other sweet little delights available across Melbourne by sampling and reviewing the different 'sweet fares' around town. Yes I will take the bullet for you all and try all the sweet delights across cupcake shops, bakeries, patisseries and cake shops so that you need not waste your time (or your calories!).........hey it's good market research for me anyway! ;)

So first cab off the rank is Cupcake Central! With two locations in Melbourne, Hawthorn and the CBD, this cupcake bakery took their inspiration from the famous Magnolia Bakery in New York. Owner and founder, Sheryl Thai has grown the business from it's foundations as an on line store operating out of her home kitchen to managing two successful premises (yes there is hope for us yet!). My sister in fact got me on to Cupcake Central, always having a plate of their popular Baby Cakes at the ready when the family came over for afternoon tea. Which inspired me today when my girlfriend was invited over to visit to ditch the kitchen aid and just pop down the street to the CC hawthorn store and pick up a box of Baby Cakes. With so many delicious flavours to choose from, I opted for their yummy Red Velvet, Cookies and Cream, Salted Caramel and Carrot Cake. And what can I say?.....they seriously are good (and this is coming from someone who knows their cupcakes!). Light, fluffy with just the right amount of butter cream, I can highly recommend them for all your last minute cupcake needs. More details about Cupcake Central can be found here.
 
If you do have a special occasion though and would like to order some customised cupcakes, please send us through an email at meko@mekocreations.com.au or visit our website.  Did you like what I did there.?....cheeky I know!
 
Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts