Thursday 10 January 2013

Cross breeding Aussie desserts!

With the Australia Day long weekend approaching in the next couple of weeks, my thoughts have turned to what Australia day delights we can come up with for our Australia Day celebrations. Over the last couple of days I have been scrawling through recipes and Pinterst for ideas and inspiration on Aussie inspired desserts and dessert ideas. What I have found however is a massive cross breeding program of Australian desserts! It is incredible some of the concoctions people come up with, crossing pavlova with tiramisu, lamingtons with triffle, and even tim tams with lamingtons! I am keen to think outside the square this year too and stray away from the traditional lamingtons and pav and try something different. I've created a pinterest board for my inspiration that you can view here, but I've also pictured below some of my favourite ideas that I've seen. With the scorching weather these last few weeks I'm loving the ice cream and icy pole ideas, especially in the red, white and blue colours. I  must admit though I am leaning towards something with Tim Tams (probably because Matt and I deprive ourselves of them so often!), but for the end result though you will need to subscribe to the Meko Monthly to share in the recipe. You can subscribe here.

Tim Tam Tarts 
Lamington Triffle
Tim Tam Cupcakes
Berry Icy Poles
Lamington Tiramisu
Violet Crumble Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts