Saturday 12 November 2011

Just call me Tonia Toddman!

Wow what a week! Never thought I would say this but I actually think I may be turning into Tonia Toddman! Good grief! Now I may may be creative, but hardly crafty, most of the time turning my nose up at the craft segments on Better Homes and Gardens thinking who the hell has time to make that crap?! But recently I've found myself religiously watching every Friday night even taking notes on how to spray paint an old vase to give it new and fresh polka dot look or even turn an old wire coat hanger into a pair of earrings! Cripes, I really am getting old!

This week I have stepped it up and embraced a bit more of Tonia in preparation for our next circus themed 1st birthday party, each night cutting favour tags, buntings, cupcake toppers and even making party hats! We worked out pretty quickly however that Matt and I wouldn't last five minutes in a party hat factory that's for sure! Today has also hosted an array of visits to Lombards, Lincraft, Spotlight and Bunnings to find some of our goodies too. We even found this awesome material (pictured below) at spotlight which we fell in love as a table cloth. Problem is though, I can't sew! I worked that one out the hard way in Year 10 texitles class when I managed to break four sewing machine needles in the space of five minutes trying to sew together a cushion cover. Lucky for me though my house husband can not only cook and clean, but can apparently also use a sewing machine too! Not sure I believe him, but we will soon find out.

So here's a little sneak peek of what we have in store for this little party. A big thank you to Dimples Prints for the stunning printables package they created......we have definitely been having lots of fun printing and cutting it all out!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts