Monday 4 March 2013

These pretzels are making me.......Irish!


I probably should remind you all the St Patrick's Day is upon us Sunday week and aren't we all just a little bit Irish on St Paddy's day?! Well especially Mr Meko anyway.....he likes to get his Irish passport out and sink a few Guinness in honour of his Irish roots (however far removed they are!). 
So whilst we are all drinking Guinness, no one really wants to suck on a cake pop do they? And being the sweet tooth I am, I thought I would offer a another sweet but salty (and of course green!) alternative. Has anyone actually ever tried a choc dipped pretzel before? I never had, up until 5 minutes ago when I polished all but about 35 of them off in one sitting! I've never really been a huge fan of mixing the sweet with the savoury, but thought I would give it a go today for the blog at least. And let me tell you......it's a winner! As if pretzels aren't moreish enough covered in all that salty goodness, once you dip them in chocolate you manage to to transport your taste buds to a very happy place! So here are the pics and the process (which is all to easy). A definitely simple and festive idea for your Paddy's day celebrations! 

Enjoy x


You'll need:

A bag of pretzels
A bag of white compound chocolate
Green food colouring*
*I used 4 different types of green here, but you can just use one and make different shades
Melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave on high for 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted and very runny. 
Add one or two drops of the green colouring until you get your desired green colour. 
Working quickly, dip each pretzel 3/4 of the way into the chocolate, scraping the excess chocolate off the back on the side of the bowl. Place on some baking paper and allow to set and then repeat.
If you want to make different coloured green chocolate, melt a fresh batch of chocolate and repeat the process, or alternatively add more green colouring to your existing chocolate to create a darker shade of green. 
Refrigerate for quick set and then enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts