Wednesday 26 December 2012

And now to New Years.........

With Christmas out of the way my attention has very quickly moved on to New Years Eve! We are hosting a BBQ at our place and my thoughts are a flurry with easy entertaining ideas that will keep everyone happy. I've created a Pinterest board around my thoughts for the evening (I'm thinking soft pinks and metalics/silver) although with not much time (or energy) I can only wish that my night would look like that!

One thing is for sure though, whiskey sours will definitely be on the menu! I'm not a whiskey drinker at all but my friend and I recently discovered them at her work Christmas party and we soon fell in love! I thought I would share with you the very easy and very yummy recipe so you can try them too. Matt and I trialled the recipe out on Christmas Eve with some sticky mixed nuts of which I've featured the recipe for too. Two very simple ideas to think about including in your NYE party.


Whiskey Sour
makes 1
 
1 x 45 ml shots of whiskey
2 x 30ml shots of sugar syrup
1 x 30 ml shot of lemon juice
 
Pour everything into a cocktail shaker with some ice and shake well. Pour into a chilled glass garnished with a lemon or lime slice.




 

Warm Sticky Spiced Nuts
 
3 cups of raw mixed nuts (cashews, peanuts, almonds and Brazil nuts)
2 tbl spns honey
1 tbl spn olive oil
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tbl spn paprika
1 tsp salt flakes
 
Preheat oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.Combine honey, oil, garlic, spices and salt in a small frying pan over a low heat. Stir until honey melts and is well combined. Add nuts and coat well. Spread nuts on prepared baking tray and roast for 15 mins. Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts